The Nassau County Police Department (NCPD) Foundation was created in December 2008 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization to provide financial support to the analytic, operational and outreach components of the Nassau County Police Department. The foundation supports programs and initiatives that are run by the NCPD to provide the residents of Nassau County with an improved quality of life through excellence in policing.
Click here to read more…
The NCPD Foundation helps support the department’s programs and projects that are needed but unable to be funded due to budgetary constraints. This operational support allows our law enforcement officers to obtain the equipment and training necessary to keep them safe while they are doing their job to keep our communities safe. In addition, the foundation financially supports many of Nassau County’s important community programs that are run by the NCPD to support those in need, the youth in Nassau County, citizens who suffer from cognitive disorders and continue to build and create relationships with the community.
Through the kind generosity of businesses and members of our community, the NCPD Foundation has successfully been able to support many programs run by the department, continue to raise the funds necessary to construct a new academy and purchase important equipment needed by our officers. Due to the hard work of our Board, Advisory Board and Executive Director, the foundation continues to grow its support in order to provide the NCPD with the resources it needs to continue to make Nassau County a safe place to raise a family and start a business.
Whether one calls it philanthropy, generosity or humanitarianism, the Nassau County Police Foundation, its Board of Directors, Advisory Board, along with their staff, exemplify just about every aspect of what public spiritedness is all about. They give of themselves in effort, time and resources. Their goal is to improve the safety and welfare of all the people of Nassau County. The NCPD is privileged that this civically minded group of individuals created their organization with a strategic focus on our police department. They identified our police department as being in the best position to reach and positively touch the lives of more Nassau County residents than any other group or organization. It is with this acknowledgement, that I, and all of the NCPD Police Commissioners since the creation of the NCPD Foundation, greatly appreciate and wholeheartedly approve of them and their selfless efforts in supporting the many collaborative community initiatives, programs and projects of the Nassau County Police Department.
– Patrick J. Ryder, Commissioner of Police
To provide financial support to the analytic, operational and outreach components of the Nassau County Police Department’s mission to serve and protect the people of Nassau County and to provide safety and an improved quality of life in our communities through excellence in policing.
- To build and maintain a new, state-of-the-art Police Academy which will be utilized as an academic and training institution that will address issues related to community policing and best practices in the area of criminal justice.
Click here to read more…
- To provide equipment and/or training to assist the Nassau County Police Department with resources not available from the normal budgetary revenue streams.
- To support programs that advance the relationship between the Nassau County Police Department and academic and other institutes addressing or capable of addressing issues relating to policing.
- To assist the department with addressing specific matters of concern, including expert changes, issue of training, best practices in law enforcement, and outreach programs.
- Allow the Nassau County Police Department to take advantage of rapidly emerging opportunities relating to training, equipment, or research that would further the department’s effectiveness or professionalism.
Audited Financials – Click link to download report: Auditors Report 2017 PDF
GuideStar – Click image below:
Board of Directors
Gene M. Bernstein
*Marc J. Blumencranz
Brian A. Wasserman
Stephen L. Hammerman
*Executive Committee Member
David M. Baum
Robert A. Certilman
Daniel J. Denihan
Donald G. Denihan
Laurence K. Denihan
John G. Ferrari
John Ross Humann
Hon. Lee A. Israel
David I. Katz
David M. Katz
Hon. Steven Kaufman
David W. Reimer
Scott Lawrence Smith
Lee D. Westerlind
Jordan A. Ziegler
Federico A. Amorini
- Mailing Address: 734 Franklin Ave #189, Garden City, NY 11530
- Phone: (877) 627-3331
Learn More About the Proposed NCPD Center for Law Enforcement & Intelligence – Police Academy – the Groundbreaking and How YOU Can Contribute to this State-of-the-Art Facility.